Thursday, April 7, 2011

New quote!/Church sermon really touched me...

I was really touched at Cross Church on Sunday.  


Let me first give some background---I have been stressed out about a lot of things here lately.  I am getting ready to graduate, I have so many assignments and tests coming up, I am trying to figure out what I am going to do whenever I graduate, I just started a workout called CrossFit & I am trying to work that in everyday, I work a couple of days during the week, and my laundry is adding up daily because I have no time.  I have a couple other personal things stressing me out as well & I have really just been about to scream with life in general.  I have been wondering when it would all pass.  I have tried so many different remedies such as extra coffee, 30 minutes extra sleep in the mornings, running to really good music, hot tea, when all along....I JUST NEEDED TO REALLY PRAY!


I have been feeling like God has just ignored me whenever I have been praying.  Of course, I hear him telling me, "Tressa, you need to be patient!" And this is just HARD! God knows that I am not one to just sit around and wait! That is so hard for me! 


On Sunday, Pastor Nick Floyd at Cross Church was talking about how everyone has something in their lives that they try to take care of themselves without letting God in on it.  Well God knows everything! And the point of the message was that we can't do everything on our own.  We need God! We need to take that thing in our life that is bothering us or that is wrong and turn upon God to help us with it.  Pastor Nick Floyd kept telling quoting verses where God kept saying "Put your trust in me and I will be with you."  Pastor Nick said a quote that has really helped me A LOT this week....


ME + JESUS = ENOUGH!


How true is this quote?? WOW! I really felt like God was really talking to me through Pastor Nick.  This week, anytime that I have felt really stressed out about something, I have just said this quote! I have learned this week that God is always there to listen to my prayers and I really just need to have patience! And wow, I have felt so much better! God has really taken all of the worry and stress from my heart this week and has just been telling me, "Tressa-have patience!"





No comments:

Post a Comment