Monday, August 30, 2010

All Aboard!!

I've decided, after some deliberation, that I'm going to start a personal blog. I want it to be a place for friends to come and share thoughts and ideas on the world at large, and for me to share with you a more personal side of who I am and what my life entails. So here begins a whole new journey; it's one i hope we both enjoy!

Today & this week--

You just have to love MONDAYS!!!! I started the day feeling like I was going to have a really good day! It was just one of those feelings! I went to class, then after class, my sister Brandi and I went on a little SHOPPPPPPING SPREEE! We had such a great time until we were on our way to IMPRESSIONS to pick up my Arkansas vs. Alabama game day dress when HELLO COP! I was driving down Mission and didn't realize that I was driving through a SCHOOL ZONE at 3 o'clock! There is nothing more embarrassing than getting pulled over in front of lines of traffic in front of an elementary school!!! I told my sister, "I've got this...I'm just going to pull the SWEET card on him!" FAIL FAIL FAIL!!!!!!! I got a ticket :( I was going 41 in a 25! The first thing Brandi said when we pulled off was..."I thought you had that???" All I could say was "Brandi, learn from your big sisters mistakes!" We died laughing!

What is new in my life...

October 16th, I am running in my FIRST 5k! I am so excited! It is the Little Rock Race for the Cure! I am really looking forward to helping out with this organization and running in the race!

So the 5k is 3.1 miles! AND TODAY....I ran 3.19 miles WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I am almost ready! I have been working at this for a while so I am really excited! This is something that I have been wanting to do for me and I have so much motivation behind myself to do this.

So...For those of you who are not runners...LIKE ME!, let me tell you what I have discovered that really helps...
SONG---Must have an upbeat song! My running song is Disturbia by Rihanna! I keep this song on repeat & the beat of the song gives me that push to keep running...hahaha! Seriously!
GUM---TODAY I REALIZED THIS...When you are focused on chewing your gum, you forget that you are running! Try it and you will agree! :)
CRUSH---So I know this is retarded, BUT...if you can picture your absolute dream guy/girl on the treadmill behind you or in the same gym, you will actually have SOOO much more adrenaline.
THOSE ARE MY NEW THOUGHTS ON RUNNING!

So as most people know, I have had a crazy last couple of months...this picture kinda describes what I feel like has been going on...
I have felt like I have been running away from a lot of things and worrying a lot but recently, I have put ALL of my trust in God and that he is going to bless me with what I need! So God...when you are ready....


Have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment