Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My 3 favorite things this week!

NUMBER 1--
So for me--I was UBER UBER excited for daylight savings time! I love leaving my clock set wrong for a couple of days, just to soak it in! haha! This morning, I woke up & looked at the clock and it said 8am! The best thought EVER went through my mind, "It's really only 7--go back to sleep for an hour!" Oh it was just awesome! I love how it is bright outside earlier but I don't like that it gets dark earlier.  But hey, I am not going to complain! The extra hour is phenominal! :)
NUMBER 2--
So if you know me pretty well, you know that I LOVE COFFEE! Starbucks is my favorite place ever! But being a poor college kid, it is hard to afford.  So I reward myself, often, with a LARGE specialized coffee from Starbucks.  This is my favorite time of year for lots of reasons, but one of the biggest reasons that I love fall, is the PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE (grande, nonfat, nonwhip, cinnamon sprinkles)!!!!! Ahhh it is like heaven in a cup! However, for those of us on a budget spending around $5 a day just for a coffee may not be the best financial decision - that's $35/week, $140/month! BUT--I suggest everyone to go and try one! And the amazing thing about Starbucks----THEY LET YOU SAMPLE COFFEE! That was how I went about loving it! I went to Starbucks, and I noticed that it was the special coffee of the week and I didn't want to order it and not like it so I asked to try it and they gave me one for free! YAY STARBUCKS! GO TRY IT! NOWWWWW!
Ingredients:
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin OR 1 teaspoon of Torani Pumpkin Spice Syrup (your choice)
2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute - you can halve this amount
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1-2 shots of espresso

NUMBER 3--
Chelsea Handler's first book I've read, and I have to say... I can't get enough of her! She is unbelievably funny! I can't stress that enough! If you're at all human... and can appreciate comedy, then you'll be in bed reading and crackin' yourself up!

The last chapter, Chapter 12: Costa Rica was by far my favorite, and she's got a lot of stories that push the top of favorites too! About her trip with her friend Shoniqua, Shoniqua's mother Latifa, and Chelsea's father Melvin, whom she calls "Bitch Tits".
"My father has about as much shame as Star Jones and, being the Jew that he is, loves to get something for nothing. My negotiating skills are on par with George Bush's reading ability. And, just like Dubya, every time I've tried to put forth an effort, I am reminded that my only true strength lies in drinking." - Chelsea Handler "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea"
Not to spoil anymore details about it, but I love her and her book!!!!!

On to the next one: "Chelsea Chelsea, Bang Bang"




Have a great day!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment