Sunday, January 9, 2011

Heartbreaking...

I found out some news recently that was very devastating to me. Whenever I lived in Conway, I had a friend that cheered with me.  She was and still is the sweetest girl.  A couple of weeks ago she came into Riffraff.  I was super excited to see her and chat! I started asking her about her life and what was going on.  After learning all of the new wonderful things about her, I asked how her parents were.  Her parents always would sit with my parents whenever we would cheer at sporting events.  She then told me that her mother wasn't doing good at all.  I had no idea that her mother was even sick.  She told me that her mother was in her mid 50's and had full Alzheimer's disease.  She said that her mother knew what her name was but not that she was her daughter.  Now this girl was always super close with her mother.  She had the relationship like I have with my mother! SUPER close! She told me that her mother has a nurse that stays with her for most of the days.  

This really hit me hard today.  I just could not imagine this happening.  It really made me want to cry all day long whenever I would think about it.  But my big question is "Why would God do that to her?"  This is a question that I have for a lot of things and I know that there is no answer besides the fact that we are just suppose to trust him in everything that happens in life.  

I think that we don't really realize what we have until it is gone.  This really has hit me hard and she is one lady that I will be praying for!

No comments:

Post a Comment